Thanks Goodness for Panda Cookie Cutters!
Yay! Pandas are cute and cuddly (we all know this right?) And I’m sorry to burst your bubble but I’m pretty sure there is a next to 0 chance of you getting your hands on one but no fear! If you love baking cute things we’re here for you. We’ll give you a how-to guide on baking the cutest panda cookies around! If you want to take a shot at this then you probably should invest in a cute panda shaped cookie cutter so you can get baking in no time!
[easy-tweet tweet=”a how-to guide on baking the cutest panda cookies around!” user=”OtakuTherapy” hashtags=”#PandaCookies”]
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest
- Cream together butter an sugar until fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla extract and orange zest until blended.
- Slowly add in salt and flour.
- Cut dough in half. With ½ of cookie dough, mix in 2 table spoons of cocoa powder.
- Cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out portions of your cookie dough on a lightly floured surface (don’t forget to add a little to your rolling pin).
- Cut out your different shaped pandas and layer your pieces on top of each other.
- Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Don’t over bake them, or the white portions of the cookies will be super brown. Allow to cool before transferring over to cooling rack
*Recipe Courtesy of foodnservice.com
Here’s A Video!
A full video detailing the process can be seen here! (in case you’re lazy like I am)